I am an Advanced Sports Dietitian and have years of experience helping some of the country’s top athletes achieve their goals. I have worked with athletes at the Australian Institute of Sport, Melbourne, Geelong and Carlton Football Clubs, Melbourne Rebels and Canberra Brumbies Rugby teams, Cricket New South Wales, the AFL Umpires and people just like you and me!
I’ve helped people across a range of levels perform at their peak – elite and professional athletes; those training seriously for an event; those aiming to complete their first fun run; competitive teenagers; active mums; weekend warriors – of any age, from around the country, participating in all kinds of sports.
Having always been active and from competing in many sporting events, I not only know the science of sports nutrition, I also get the realities. I know what it’s like to worry about gut upset, I know how hard it is to chew and breathe at the same time, and I sure know how great caffeine can be!! I’ll happily share my solutions but we’ll look at all the options and discover what works best for you.
I have a special interest in nutrition for endurance and ultra-endurance events having helped countless athletes be successful for events such as Ironman, Half-ironman/70.3, Ultra-marathon, Surf Coast Century, Great Ocean Walk 100, Oxfam, Three Peaks, Great Ocean Road Marathon, Melbourne Marathon, half-marathon events as well as many others.
I also have a passion for working with active juniors - I get so much joy from helping to fuel and nourish the bodies of our next generation of budding young athletes.
I care deeply about you and your ambitions and get just as inspired and excited about your achievements as you do.
what can you help me with?
What we focus on in each session will depend on you, your experiences and your challenges. In every conversation we have, you decide what we focus on so at the end of each session you will have clear action to continue on the path to success. Some of the many things people choose to work on in our sessions include:
- Boosting energy to perform better in training, work or life
- Feeling stronger and fitter during training
- Recovering better between training sessions
- Managing special dietary needs or food intolerances
- Returning to training more quickly after injury
- Gut health
- Vegan & vegetarian diets
- Bone issues (e.g. stress fractures)
- Injury prevention and recovery
- Menstrual irregularities
- Event day nutrition strategies and carb loading plans
- Understanding and choosing supplements
- Fuelling an active, busy family
- Helping kids get through busy training weeks and carnivals
- Achieving a PB or goal time for an event
- Whatever your goal, together we can achieve it...
how we work together:
Our initial consultation will involve a detailed discussion about your nutrition, training plans, lifestyle and goals. After this we’ll get started on some strategies to get you on a path to achieve success. At the end of our fist call we'll set up a time for a review consultation to check in on your progress and make any adjustments as necessary. We can book in further review consultations at the each session, depending on your needs.
If you are training for a specific event it’s great if we can meet early in your preparation so that we can trial various nutrition strategies in training. But it’s never too late – it’s always better to have a plan rather than wing it on event day!
For greater convenience, comfort and confidentiality, all consultations are done by phone or via an online video conference call (through Zoom - similar to Skype but easier!). All consultations include a follow up email after each session with further detailed information (e.g. personalised training nutrition plans, competition plans, recipes, etc). Unlimited email contact is welcome between sessions.
- 2 x consultations per month
- $375 per month, minimum 3-months
- 10% discount when payment for 3 months paid in advance
- 6 x consultations, spaced at intervals that suit you
- $1350 upfront payment
- Session-by-session payment:
- Initial consultation: $225
- Review consultations: $195
- 15% discount available for students under 18 years old