Workplace Wellbeing Programs
Creating a positive culture towards health and wellness in your workplace culture and your people ensures that your team can maximise its potential. Workplaces that foster positive health and wellbeing have hugely beneficial results not just for individuals but for organisations as a whole.
Taking a health coaching approach to workplace wellbeing, allows employees to connect with what is most important to them and design a workplace, and life, in a way that optimises health. Coaching provides time and space, undistracted attention and awareness to focus, learn, connect the dots, see new perspectives, and be creative – the ideal scenario for creating sustainable and meaningful change. Health coaching programs encourage employees to take ownership of workplace wellbeing.
Through coaching, employees have the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed to create a health promoting workplace. In doing so, employers have the opportunity to create people who are autonomous, self-motivated, resilient, and fully engaged in a healthy lifestyle that promotes optimal choices around physical activity, nutrition, stress and emotional regulation.
The research below highlights the importance creating a health and wellbeing program, and the impact that it can have on your business:
- Research has found that when employee health and wellness is managed well the percentage of engaged employees increases from 7% to 55%, and self-reported creativity and innovation increases from 20% to 72% (Wellness and Productivity Management: A New Approach to Increasing Performance, 2011).
- A high level of workplace stress is a costly burden for employers (both directly and indirectly) in terms of reported lost time, absenteeism, lower productivity and effectiveness and increased insurance premiums. (LaMontagne, A. D., Shaw, A., Ostry, A., Louie, A. M. and Keegel, T. G. (2006). Workplace Stress in Victoria: Developing a Systems Approach)
- Body stressing and mental stress claims accounted for 71% of premium payers’ claims costs in the Comcare scheme in 2009/10 (Comcare 2011). The incidence of both claim types is strongly influenced by the psychosocial work environment and levels of worker wellbeing. Research finds the lowest workers’ compensation costs are found in teams where good leadership and organisational factors foster a positive work environment where employees feel supported and have high levels of wellbeing. (Cotton, P 2008, ‘Psychological Injury in the Workplace’)
- Measures addressing organisational culture are effective in improving musculoskeletal health. (World Health Organization 2010, WHO Healthy Workplace Framework and Model: Background and Supporting Literature and Practice, 4 May 2011)
- The Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI) recently estimated that the cost of staff turnover in Australia is in the order of $20 billion. AHRI also found that staff turnover rates in Australia are on the rise. AHRI estimates the cost of replacing an employee is at least 75% of the employee’s annual salary and may be as much as 150% in some cases. (AHRI HR Pulse 2008, ‘Love ‘em don’t lose ‘em’ – Identifying Retention Strategies that Work)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM OUR TIME TOGETHER:
- A renewed focus, passion and motivation to create a health promoting workplace
- Confidence & clarity - no more over-thinking, second-guessing or being stuck
- Clear vision and commitment to create change
- Abundant, healthy and happy employees
- Employees who have a sense of control, balance and enjoyment
- An authentic and meaningful workplace - aligning your vision, values and purpose
- Clear actions to achieve your goals
- Personal empowerment and a more connected team
- Greater influence and impact on others
- Accountability and support to bring your visions to life
FInd out more:
Before we get started, my focus will be to understand the goals that you are wanting to achieve by working with a coach, the specific behaviours that you and your team would like to develop throughout the coaching program, and the challenges that exist that may be preventing or slowing forward movement. After our first call together we'll have a good sense of whether we're the right fit to work together and can then discuss program options and costs.